Community Resource and Access for Businesses (C.R.A.B.) Fair
Saturday, November 16, 2019 | Eureka Library
C.R.A.B. Fair: 11:00a.m.
Crab Trap Competition: 5:00p.m.
What is the C.R.A.B. Fair?
In celebration of National Entrepreneurs’ day, we are inviting every Humboldt County resident with a business idea to
the C.R.A.B. (Community Resource and Access for Businesses) Fair on November 16th at the Eureka Library! The CRAB
Fair will feature:
• Workshops on the ins and outs of starting and growing a business
• Panel discussions with local business owners and experts
• Exhibitor booths from a wide variety of local businesses, as well as organizations specializing in financial
management, employment law, marketing, and more!
• The C.R.A.B. Fair culminates with the “Crab Trap.” The “Crab Trap” is a business pitch competition that will
provide local prospective entrepreneurs the chance to pitch their one-of-a-kind entrepreneurial ideas in front
of panel of judges for the chance to win $500, free consulting services, and other prizes
Who is hosting on the C.R.A.B. Fair?
The C.R.A.B. Fair is hosted by the County of Humboldt Office of Economic Development, Humboldt County Library, The
Greater Eureka Chamber of Commerce, and North Coast Small Business Development Center.
Where will the C.R.A.B. Fair be held, and does it cost to attend?
The C.R.A.B. Fair and subsequent Crab Trap Competition will be held at the Eureka Library. All of the C.R.A.B. Fair
workshops, panels, and Crab Trap competition are open to the public and are free to attend.
Why should I attend the C.R.A.B. Fair? Who is this event geared toward?
The C.R.A.B. Fair is for anyone who has ever thought about owning or starting their own business as well as seasoned
business owners who want to learn about expanding and growing their businesses. There will be activities, workshops,
and panels geared toward providing resources to explore what it takes to start or grow a business.
What can I expect from the Crab Trap Competition?
As a spectator you can expect a fun evening of interesting business pitches with dynamic (and dare we say, really fun)
As a participant the stage is yours! You can expect a lively opportunity to share your one of a kind pitch/idea to our
dynamic judges in a fun, exciting setting.
How do I get involved in the Crab Trap Competition as a participant?
• The Crab Trap competition is open to all Humboldt County residents 18 years of age and up.
• Interested participants can download an application to participate in the event at
https://tinyurl.com/y4m7wucq or pick up a hard copy application from any of the Humboldt County Library
• The deadline to apply is October 28.