POSITION TYPE: Full-time, non-exempt
SALARY: $21-23 per hour DOE, plus benefits
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
WORK LOCATION: Eureka Chamber of Commerce Business HQ, 612 G Street, Ste. 101, Eureka, CA 95501.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Greater Eureka Chamber of Commerce is seeking a service-oriented, congenial, creative, focused individual to join our team. The successful candidate will coordinate our co-working space and conference rooms, co-create social media and marketing content and strategy, support preparation for programs and events, and provide general office support including front desk reception.
The Greater Eureka Chamber advances the economic vitality of our community by serving as a catalyst for business growth, a convener of leaders, a champion for development and an advocate for a thriving place to work and live.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
● 2-4 years related experience.
● 2+ years higher education in a relevant field preferred (for example: business, marketing, communications).
● Intermediate to advanced-level skill in social media and marketing in a professional environment.
● Excellent communication, both verbal and written.
● Strong organizational skills, with ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks utilizing appropriate time management strategies.
● Demonstrated ability to interact professionally and cordially with and support a broad variety of clients, vendors, members and community leaders.
● Ability to work both in a team and independently.
● Creative, detail-oriented and practical problem solving skills.
● Openness and ability to learn new skills and strategies.
● Ability to perform under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; proficient, or ability to quickly develop proficiencies, with computer-based tools to accomplish tasks, including customer relationship management (CRM) systems, social media, website development programs and graphic design software.
● Some evening or weekend hours
● Limited travel within Humboldt County
● Serves as the first contact for our office, including front desk reception.
● Advances the vision of the Greater Eureka Chamber of Commerce by coordinating member and client-serving programs in collaboration with other Chamber team members.
● Coordinates office space usage, including rental agreements for and set-up of our co-working space and conference rooms; maintains the facility on a daily basis including hospitality and logistics.
● Coordinates recruitment and class logistics for the Next Level and Elevate programs.
● Co-creates social media and marketing content and strategy.
● Keeps up to date on trends and opportunities related to their work responsibilities.
● Prepares for and staff events and programs.
● Provides general office support.
● Performs other duties as assigned, including but not limited to event support and other “all hands on deck” activities.
The Greater Eureka Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, disability or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by applicable local, state or federal law. In addition to compliance with federal EEO statutes, the Greater Eureka Chamber of Commerce complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Employment decisions, subject to the legitimate business requirements of the Greater Eureka Chamber of Commerce, are based solely on the individual’s qualifications, merit, behavior and performance.
Please provide the following information to apply:
• Cover Letter
• Send your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Applications will be accepted until March 17, 2023 at 5pm